Southern Tier from Lakewood, NY has creme brulee stout. It’s amazing #southerntier #untappedfest #RHOMBISURVIVOR #rhombisurvivor #beer #rsps #paste #pasteuntapped
Are you ready!! First instagramed #untapped festival by #rhombisurvivor keep up with us and all the bands playing today. ;) #rsps #ftworth #Texas #music #untappedmusicfestival #spune #paste #pasteuntapped #spuneuntapped
Took this man to a burlesque show for his birthday last Friday… Check out the Ruby Revue #burlesque #pinup #suspenders #persianman #oldschool #tbt
Great interview today with @smiththe2nd. Thanks to @dillonion for amazing footage. :) can’t wait to see the finished work. #THRWD #fashion #Dallas #katesiamro #smithII
This all may be my inductive reasoning with my generation, I live in Texas… which you can assume what it’s like, almost all stereotypes are spot on. I’ve been reading a lot lately, and enjoying time alone in a coffee shop called Fourteen Eighteen… just gathering my thoughts, so here’s mine on the shitty things about this American Generation…. most can be assumed….
- Social networking has killed human interaction… nothing happens by chance anymore. Plans are made online… it’s not common to come across an event. Everyone knows everyone and has mutual friends… we can “delete” people from our lives which is a huge slap in the face. Add on gossip has taken a new leap in time, everyone knows you’re life story and agenda as it’s happening with pictures and tags. Computers have made us immortal… but is that a good thing? every mistake, drunk pictures, address…. it’s all there. It’s an ugly tattoo you can’t remove.
- Online Dating- The old fashion romantics in this generation are most likely hopeless and cynical. It’s hard for things to naturally fall into place when most connections are made through websites. People are matched up by tests and common interest. If you want “love” just type in your information on a dating site and see what suits you best. I find it sad, and will never become accustomed to it. I just find something beautiful in a story behind a romance.
- We are so materialistic and trendy- We want the newest and biggest thing. Life is over if you aren’t with the program and looking good. A person is easily judged by their clothes… hipster, preppy, thug, punk, nerd, hick… image has taken over the place of words, we are judged more for how we look then what comes out of our mouth
- Everyone has something wrong with them- If it’s bipolar, ADHD, ADD, or OCD… everyone has something and is probably medicated and used as an excuse. I can’t pass this class due to my ADD. She’s so clean… must be OCD. He’s yelling at me all the time and then everything is fine… must be bipolar. psychological traits are used as excuses and we drug ourselves up because we constantly want to be fixed. Waiting to see the long term effects of these drugs.
- We don’t care what we eat- Most people have no clue what they are eating… nor do they care. It’s astounding that parents feed their kids happy meals when it has hormone infused chicken nuggets that will interfere with puberty. The even crazier part is how many documentaries are out there, and even after people watch it… they don’t care…. Hotdogs are made up mostly of pig left over fat and bones crushed together… basically meat scraps. It truly is disgusting. tell someone that… they will probably still eat that hotdog.
- Expensive Education- the American university experience has become a bullshit black hole. Dorms, books, classes, test…. it’s all over priced. The most useless things are built when the necessary is ignored. Allen, Texas has the biggest high school football field, they cut down on their art programs to afford. The bullshit of in-state and out-state tuition is ridiculous as well… thanks for boxing everyone in their state. The dreams of taking off to New York City is only lived by those who bath in riches. Also some classes expected for a degree are unnecessary… really, why am I expected to have a physically education class to get a degree for a career in Marketing? You might get that great job you studied your ass off for… have fun paying off your financial aid.
- Drinking- Really America…. 21 drinking age. We have teen mums glamorized on MTV, and a flaunted military that takes boys in at 18, and we can’t drink until 21? Our generation pushed the limits of drinking merely because it’s turned into this taboo… Canada is doing it right… actually the rest of the world is. It’s disappointing that the youth can’t loosen up… it’s always taboo to drink unless of age.
- Reality T.V.- The most watched shows are of other people’s lives…. have we gotten to a point where we need to watch other people live stressful lives to feel good about our own? This generation enjoys conflict and anything to look down on. America media just loves to take the innocent and watch them fall. Media is all about pushing the limits, getting more viewers, and bringing the money through commercials that take up the screen 30% of the time. When it comes down to it, it’s all about money and nothing is gained from watching these shows. I promise any laughs made are you laughing at someone else’s stupidity.
- Gas is Expensive. Basically. And no one has any respect or appreciation for anything obtained from out-sourcing because America is almighty and so independent(despite the huge debt and lack of local resources)…. Canada supplies the USA with the majority of their oil… ask some people and they’ll think it’s from the middle east… really…. all I can say is be prepared for China.
- Vocabulary- OMG I totally love her… she’s such a bitch, she fucking loves getting fucked up, you know what I mean? ….. WHAT HAS HAPPENED? what has happened to intelligent conversations and even intelligent small talks. No one speaks with conviction. It has become cool to sound like you have no clue what you’re talking about… passionate heated opinionated thoughts are held back. There is a word for everything, why not use them. I never want to hear someone say I love you…. I would rather hear admired, inspired, devoted, bewitched, seduced by me. I would be much more flattered. It’d be nice to save I love you for a cinematic moment.
Amazing dye and cut job by Michael Brunner at Smith and Abbey in North Dallas. Never been so satisfied. Check him out ;) #hair #redhead #beststylist #thankyou
What’s more romantic then watching Canada beat Finland in hockey :) #Olympics2014 #gocanada #hockey #searchanddestroy #WINNING
Best date ever… Look at that fine man :) @scoobypie #lovelovelove #gushyromancecrap #quarter! #boobies #reservations #cantwalktoomuchfood